Thursday, January 7, 2010

Has anyone tried the bodyshop tea tree oil facial wash?

Anyone tried it? Coz I have really bad skin and I want to know if it is worth buying...Has anyone tried the bodyshop tea tree oil facial wash?
yes, I have gotten it. It was really foamy and had a lot of bubbles. I used some water and put it on my face. It totally dried up. My skin wasn't really irritated, because I put some oisturizer on quickly. Also: my zits really aren't/weren't that bad, and it didn't do much. However, I recommend the moisturizer, toner, mask, and wiping sheets:





moisturizer


Really good, because it doesn't dry out your skin and you can just twist the top, and squeeze a bit out and a little dab is all you need.





toner


Put a bit on a cotton ball or Q-Tip and dab, dab, dab! Works great. Won't dry skin out if you put it on by itself. Won't really fry skin at all, actually, now that I think about it.





Mask


Yes! This is great (I'm wearing it right now)! Really cleanses and refreshes. Perfect! Smells really tingly and cool, and nice and fresh, too.





Wiping Sheets


Great for on the go, in the morning when you've slept late, etc.


I don't have acne on my body (ie. back, tush, etc.) but if I did, these would be perfect.





Overall: The tea tree oil stuff is good for oil, but be sure to moisturize, too. Otherwise, it may dry skin, leaving more problems. This stuff can be a bit pricey, though (in my opinion), so you don't HAVE to get it. Neutrogena, Noxzema, Clearasil, and other cheaper, more generic brands may work just as fine.





I liked the other stuff in the collection, but didn't enjoy the face wash very much. I recommend Neutrogena Visibly Even Foaming Face Cleanser for that step. I've never tried just regular tea tree oil alone, without any added ingredients, though. I can't give you feedback on that one.





I also wouldn't get the face wash if I were you. The other stuff is just fine-if not, great.Has anyone tried the bodyshop tea tree oil facial wash?
that seriously was the best answer! the facewash is awful.. Report Abuse

I actually have! I bought the face wash, the tea tree oil concentrate, and the mask. It's not worth buying... and actually makes your skin more oily. Honestly, it's not worth it. I would totally give you mine, but that's obviously not possible. Good luck with your skin issue! :)
It is worth its weight in gold.


I have the whole kit. Which includes the toner and the quick zap stick.


Works well.
it worked at first and i thought my skin was clearing up, but then it started to make it drier, and more irritated, which in turn caused my skin to become worse.
I haven't tried it personally, but tea tree oil can dry out the skin. If you're oily, it may make it worse and it may irritate you, but everyone is different. If i were you, I'd goto the bodyshop and ask if they can give you a sample to try at home, if they can't ask them what their return policy is in case you need to return it. You could also check out makeupalley.com where you can trade for one. Hope this helps! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment