Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have a chevy engine i pullead the intake manifold to find charcoal chunksof burnt oil can i pressure wash?

can i pressure wash the rockers then flip the engine over then pressure wash the rotating assembly? the spray fresh oil on everything put it back together and run itI have a chevy engine i pullead the intake manifold to find charcoal chunksof burnt oil can i pressure wash?
don,t use water. what i do in a case like that is i take a coffee can and fill it with kerosene and use a brush to clean it. you have to change the oil and filter anyway.I have a chevy engine i pullead the intake manifold to find charcoal chunksof burnt oil can i pressure wash?
Just leave it dude....I know it looks terrible but you'll do more damage clogging your oil sump with loose debris from the spraying than by leaving it alone. I've done alot of motor jobs on these chevs and they ';always'; look like this in the lifter valley. My last one was a well looked after 98 5.7L vortec engine that I had to take the intake off of to put it in a van. It was caked with carbon build-up so bad you'd think the motor was shot but I knew it had regular maintenence all it's life. If you have a wet/dry shop vac I would recommend using that over anything else.
  • yes loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment