Thursday, January 7, 2010

Using salt and mineral oil as a face wash?

I have heard that washing your face with olive oil and salt can help with blackheads, but also that mineral oil is a good moisturizer. I was wondering if it is a good idea to use it instead of olive oil. Has anyone used mineral oil in a home-made face wash before?Using salt and mineral oil as a face wash?
olive oil and salt?


sounds btter on a salad if you ask me!





omg worst joke ever award goes to me :|





nah, in all seriousness, i wouldnt reccommend it. Talk to a dermotoligist or something first before you start putting mad home made potions on your face. you really should be careful when it comes to putting stuff on your face! xUsing salt and mineral oil as a face wash?
I haven't used mineral oil or olive oil, but I wouldn't recommend using salt. It's very drying and irritating to the skin. It's also too abrasive to use on delicate facial skin. I use sugar instead. Every so often I'll add a little to my face wash to exfoliate with. It dissolves a little, so it's not as harsh, but still gets the job done. As for the olive oil, I use it on my hair and it works fairy well, but I don't think it'd be safe to use on your skin (except for a moisturizing spot treatment).
Mineral oil over time may clog your pores and lead to zits. Since I've used the Neutrogena Rejuvenator every other day, I no longer have zits, have smooth younger looking skin, and am off antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment