Sunday, December 20, 2009

Have you seen the DAWN soap commercials where they wash oil off birds???

At first I thought wow thats nice.( saving birds from oil spills). but then I noticed the film of them washing a duck and later a mom penguin were ';simulated'; so I realized they were torturing some innocent animal all to make a commercial.... then I looked into it more and realized DAWN is made by Proctor %26amp; Gamble... the company most notorios with cruel animal testing (and also the company responsible for the lower quality of IAMS and EUKANUBA foods since they bought these foods out years ago)...


Proctor and Gamble are synonomous with crueltly.. did anyone else see these commercials and what were your thoughts???Have you seen the DAWN soap commercials where they wash oil off birds???
Advertising of all kinds, especially commercials, are faked all over the place. The real job of cleaning those poor animals is messy and done by real people, not actors,and a scene like that does not make a pretty commercial. The people who shoot these things, like with any other Hollywood material, are only interested in the final product. This is why ASPCA people are on every set that includes animals. I doubt that giving that animal a bath caused it any harm. What is annoying to me is that Dawn probably paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to get the gig of cleaning the birds so they could use it in their commericals. It is product placement. This way, when the cleaning is over, they can make it look like the animal professionals chose their product because it was the best - not because someone in a suit who is far removed from the scene took those dollars and told them to use it. That is what I thought of it. That people will be duped again by those who are very slick. Television is the opiate of the masses and I am so glad to see that someone out there is aware and speaking up.Have you seen the DAWN soap commercials where they wash oil off birds???
Yes, I have also seen the Dawn adds, it is sad that they use innocent animals to try to get a point across. Since when do Animals and Dish soap even makes SENSE ?? Report Abuse

Unfortunately, your research has misled you. Scientists have chosen to use DAWN for many years now because it is the best product to use on animals when they become oiled. It is the most effective grease cutting product on the market that is gentle enough to be used on the animals. Report Abuse

And, what's wrong with trying to promote a good thing? Have you checked out their website recently? It is doing a great job at promoting conservation, and I want to buy products that promote conservation. It's better than supporting those that take all the money and run. Report Abuse

It's wonderful that they're trying to save animals. The Government wouldn't allow a commercial to be made about saving animals when the makers of the commercial torture animals. Sorry honey, but you are WRONG. Your idea is not possible. Report Abuse

That is cruel and I never knew that they did that I am so glad you posted that I used to buy DAWN but now I am switching since I know that.
I saw the commercial, but I didn't think anything about it. I'll look more carefully next time.
I saw it, and at first bothered me a little about the baby penguin, but don't remember a duck involved...theres bad and good to animal study, just as for human studies, but at least humans have a little say in the matter..

No comments:

Post a Comment